Innovating Streets for People
Auckland Transport has been awarded funding from Waka Kotahi NZ Transport agency to test ways to create a more vibrant and people friendly environment along Ponsonby Road.
The changes have not been decided, but will be based on community feedback and co-designed with an inclusive group of stakeholder representatives. The changes are expected to:
- Respond to specific issues/opportunities identified by the community of people using Ponsonby Rd.
- Address one or more of the project’s objectives:
• Vibrancy – create a more vibrant environment for shoppers, residents, hospitality patrons, etc.
• Safety – reduce the risk of transport related deaths and harm to users of Ponsonby Rd.
• Access – increase the ease of access to Ponsonby Road by people of all ages and abilities
• Inform plans for longer term changes based on learnings from the changes.
Project Documentation & Links
See below for project information, updates and links to provide feedback.
Contribute feedback via Social Pinpoint, accessed from the AT Website:
Contribute feedback via the AT Interactive PDF Questionnaire:
Completed questionaires can be sent via the contact form below or email to email@example.com
PBA AGM October 2020 Presentation. Bruce Copeland
Auckland Transport – Tactical Urbansim Handbook